Writing Blurbs

blurb (n.) A brief publicity notice, as on a book jacket. This is the definition according to Webster's dictionary. All though I use it somewhat out of context, ("Hey you have a little blurb of something on your shirt." "There was a blurb about that on the radio." )it seems to be a fairly popular word, and I like saying it. So here you have it...My Writing Blurbs..

Friday, August 18, 2006

Case of the Moondays

As the song goes, "So you had a bad day..." Even though it’s Friday, I’m taking this back to Monday since I haven’t had the opportunity to write it yet. Here we go…
On Monday I get lectured from my Manager about not calling her directly when there were some errors on a project. Well...I resolved the issue and in my opinion this was no critical matter, but I “need to work on my communication”. Okay so I continue to work and run into another ‘issue’ with someone I dread working with. This gal treats me like I’m an imbecile; I know nothing and she knows everything. So I deal with that throughout the whole day. To top of my day, my husband tells me that there is a burst water pipe and the city government tells us we’re responsible for paying. This was something to look forward to when I get home.

After work I stop at the store for some groceries and about six gallons of drinking water. Going through the check out line I attempt to use my pre-paid credit card that was rewarded to me through work. The bill is around $55, and I know I have sufficient funds. After the cashier gets the flashing error sign ‘declined’ three times, a manager comes to assist. People in line behind me were breathing all over me, but I seemed to keep my cool. The manager then tells me ‘we don’t take this type of card’. Just great…I pull out my debit card knowing that I only have about $70 in the bank and no paycheck until next week, so I’ll have to transfer some money from savings which would leave a whopping $150.00 left.

I receive assistance from a young man who loaded my groceries in the trunk. He commented on how he likes the bottled water much better than straight from the sink (referring to the gallons of water I purchased). I explained somewhat nonchalantly that we had a burst water pipe so we’ll need to rely on this for a while. He looked devastated and expressed a deep look of sympathy. He inquired a little more about the situation and I just smiled. As I get behind the wheel, I couldn’t stop the tears. I tried to hide my wet face while I approached traffic, it wouldn’t be too much longer the house. When I pulled up to the drive, it was apparent where the water was coming from. There was a nice pool bubbling from our yard and seeping out into the street. As the garage door shut me in, I turned into a weeping mess. I hadn’t cried for awhile so it was good to let go. My husband comforted me and our lives went on with our contaminated water and our new flowing stream in our front yard.

Thankfully this is over and the water issue has been resolved. Even better, the pipe didn’t belong to us so that means no big bill! Now we can go back to bathing and brushing our teeth as normal. With God’s strength we got through it as we always to.


End of Blog Quote: "Look to the Lord and His strength; seek his face always" 1 Chronicles 16:11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home